Stardust Runner

Untitled

It's been ages since I've shown you any doily type projects! Today I'm sharing a crocheted runner that I just gave as a wedding gift.

Untitled

The pattern is called Stardust, and it's a free vintage pattern that you can find HERE! It's a fairly labor intensive pattern, but well worth the effort! I used Aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet thread in white and a 1.5mm hook.

Untitled

The pattern has you make the squares and then join them by sewing, but I joined the picots together while crocheting. It was a little tricky doing it this way as you have to turn the work a few times, but it's definitely doable! I made the runner 2 squares by 7 squares, which made the final dimensions 12 in x 43.5 in.

Untitled

I was able to crochet over a lot of ends on the petals, so that eliminated some ends that I had to sew in. After the rest of the ends were sewn in, I blocked it out which opened up the pattern very nicely!

Untitled

I know people are curious about how long it took me, but I honestly don't know as I worked on it over the course of several months. I'm guessing each square took somewhere between an hour and half and two hours maybe? I'm awful at keeping track of time, but I think that's a good indication that I enjoy doing it! And I'm so pleased with the final result!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful and intricate design, Kate. Those vintage patterns are so beautiful. You've done a marvellous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning Kate. I really like this pattern...especially the little hearts in the flowers.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie! My friend loves flowers, so I thought it was very fitting!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous! What a special gift, especially considering the time you have put in making it, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Samantha!
      Hope you're having a lovely week!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  4. You must be over the moon with how that turned out, Kate! And so must the recipients! Great work!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very very pretty :) great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful! I am sure the new bride was thrilled to receive it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! I believe she was, and I was told she has the perfect place for it in their house!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  7. …. a work of patience and love !!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is not just a loving gift, Kate, it is an heirloom. So beautiful and also so useful! It would even be fabulous framed and hung on a wall! :) Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Pearl!!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  10. Wow! That piece is amazing Kate! I've been wanting to make a table runner, but never seem to get around to it. Glad to hear you used size 10, I don't think I could attempt smaller, but your crochet looks so tight and perfect! I think those vintage patterns are pretty difficult...lots of crocheting in previous stitches rather than spaces. I would have this piece on my table ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts