Photo-Tuesday

Memorial Day Weekend
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."  
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

On the lake, Memorial Day Weekend is always the celebratory start of Summer.  Unfortunately, this year it was pretty cold and rainy for most of the long weekend.  But I believe the best was made of the situation even if it meant dressing in several layers, huddling in front of a campfire and playing beach games in the rain.

However, our optimistic persistence paid off and we were rewarded with a clear sky and much needed sunshine at the very end of the weekend. Even though it could only be enjoyed for a short amount of time, it felt worth the wait!

Above is a photo-collaboration; the shot was taken by my friend Nehill, and edited by myself.  Looking at the photo straight from my camera I thought, "This is wrong. It was much more greener, brighter and vibrant than this!"  Now, I'm normally not one for heavy editing, especially with landscapes, but I just had to make this photo look like how it really felt...

I suppose there's a lot to be said about perception!

Comments

  1. Good editing work to make this beautiful scene compare to the way you saw it! How lovely that your long weekend finished in beauty with clear skies and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! Sounds like you had a nice, long weekend. We were cool and rainy too...a good weekend to stay in, eat and create! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get at least a dose of sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts