Crowning Glory Doily

Untitled

My thank you doily is finished!  Considering the pattern name is Crowning Glory, I thought it particularly fitting to have worked on it during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!  The pattern is from A Year of Doilies, and if you are on Ravelry, the pattern page is HERE.

Untitled

The square motifs worked up rather quickly, and I loved how they were joined as you went!

Untitled

However, the border took a bit more time, as you have to crochet into every chain stitch of the border's first row.  Yuck.  I don't know about you, but it's so much harder to to crochet through both loops on the chain.  When I learned to crochet in the chain I was taught to just crochet into the back loop, which I learned is kind of like cheating haha! So when I got to the border in the pattern I said "I guess I should do it properly..."

Untitled

But overall, very happy with it, and I hope it'll be well received in London by the owners of the very lovely Coach House!

Comments

  1. WOW - this doily is AMAZING and I am sure the owners of the Coach House will be over the moon with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is gorgeous! I agree with the commenter above me - I would definitely be over the moon with it were it given to me! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely doily - and the name is so appropriate: crowning glory indeed! What a lovely gift for the owners of the Coach House. They will certainly be so touched! I'm wondering what sort of thread you used, it looks as if you may have made the doily with rather a fine crochet hook. The result is very dainty and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-M-A-ZING!
    You are so talented.
    I am in awe, as always!
    Happy weekend to you, Kate.
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jo!!

      Hope you had a lovely weekend!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  6. You are ridiculously clever, Kate!!! That's truly amazing!!!
    The Coach House owners will be blown away by it.
    Hope you've had a good Monday!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just amazing. I sure would be blown away if I got a runner that beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very pretty - lovely work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts